Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cool Palm tree.

Went out with some clients a couple of days ago and I was a bit embarrassed by my lack of knowledge about the local plant life. Sure, I know what a palm tree is, a bird of paradise, a cactus, and an orange tree (if it has oranges) a few more maybe but not nearly enough. So I thought I would write a little about it. Makes me do some research, ya know!! Whats that tree your Standing under with the Coconuts? It's a coconut Palm!!
Did you know these grow anywhere from 12" to 20" a year and can get from 65' to 75' feet tall. How about the fact that Coconut Palm tree has between 2,000 and 4,000 roots that can grow as deep as 16 feet. . My kids favorite thing to do with a coconut bring them home and beat them off the ground, or beat them with a ball bat, or beat them a hammer, or beat them....you get the idea....I get tired of hearing the pounding so I grab my drill make a couple quick holes and they drink the Coconut Water out then I cut one or 2 in half and the kids eat em up. These things are all over Punta Gorda Isles and Port Charlotte My favorite thing to do with a coconut... Coconut drink (1) banana (1) Half a coconut and all its water (1) Half a lime (1) inch of fresh vanilla (2) oranges ...Rum....Rum.....Rum......Rum
Juice the oranges and lime and add the juice to the blender. Add all other ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Either strain or drink as is. If you have a juicer, juice the coconut and banana, and add the juice to the mixture, stirring back in as much pulp as you like for the consistency you desire. Brought to you by Hammerhead Realty Group

No comments:

Post a Comment