Monday, August 27, 2012

Rip Off at the movie theater and their response.

                                               HAMMERHEAD REALTY GROUP .COM

Took my family to the movies the other day and it was expensive....Really expensive. $10.00 for adult tickets, $7.00 for kids, but if you're a kid who is older than 12 you're not really a kid. Well, you are a kid, but you pay for being an adult. I know, confusing.

Anyhow, the ticket prices were high but I can live with that as it is a novelty and not something we do often. It was the prices at the concession stand that really piss me off upset me. Amanda bought 3 drinks, that's right, 3 drinks, and it came to over $16.00. Let me make that clear 3 FOUNTAIN DRINKS COST OVER $16.00!!! A small popcorn was $6.00 too.I was so turned off by this I decided to write them. ..."yes, I am that guy". I will also write you if the service is excellent or a underpaid employee went above and beyond!! I love my opinion and want everyone to know about it.


Anyhow, here is the response from Regal Cinema. I changed the font to red in my favorite sentences.

"August 27, 2012

"Dear Mr. Boley:

Thank you for contacting our corporate office to express your concerns regarding your visit to our location. I have forwarded your comments to the district manager directly over this theatre and the theatre manager for their review.

Please understand that our goal from a business perspective is to provide our patrons with a quality movie-going experience while at the same time making a profit that allows us to continue operations. We incur substantial costs in the operations and maintenance of a theatre that may not be readily visible to our patrons. In addition to high operating costs such as pay roll, utilities, rent, equipment, etc., we also must pay costly film rentals to the studios. Although prices at the theatre may seem high, and may increase from time to time, they have remained in line with the rate of inflation. In actuality, attending movies at the theatre is one of the most cost effective forms of out-of-home entertainment. 

Once again, I thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your feelings on this matter. Your input is invaluable to us in our efforts to continually improve customer service and enhance the operations of our theatre operations. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit. 

Sincerely,
Customer Relations Department
Operational Services
Regal Entertainment Group"



Now I know and it is common knowledge that the studios charge lots of money for the rental of their films and therefore I am OK with high ticket prices. However, when the movie theater tells me that prices may "SEEM HIGH but are actually in line with inflation" I realize how out of touch with customers that they actually are. So i now put them in the same league as major sporting events, and ticket master which I think is a even bigger rip off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment